Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Structure

The project was to construct a 4"x4"x4" cube leaving one face open out of bristol board. We were supposed to have defined edges. We also had to incorporate straws of our choice, and make the cube rise four inches off of an 8"x8" base.


To show defined lines of my cube I adjusted the contrast in a significant way.



I created triangular sections on the sides of my cube so that the edges would be defined and so that the straws would have purposeful place in the project. I created tabs on each side so that I could pull the tabs through, and make the sides flush, thus creating the cube. This is my second formation of my original cube. I used three tabs on each face. I found that with this construction of the cube the faces were significantly more flush than in my previous model.


As for my base, I made an 8"x8" form out of foam core and bristol board. I made it so that it looked like the missing face from my cube. I did this so that it would be in keeping with the rest of my project and give my cube a defined space on the base. I also designed it to sit a little off kilter to play into my story that the remaining face had fallen, and reconstructed a little (in essence blowing up (in size)).




My original cube as you see above only had one tab to each side. This did not allow the faces to sit flush which led to my reconstruction.


We then had to draw orthographic drawings of our model.

Plan View

Joint

3-D View

Front View


Side View

No comments:

Post a Comment