Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Various Morning Exercises

The first drawing is of negative space. A few chairs were arranged to force our eye/hand to work a little more careful with each  other to train us how to look for the space surrounding, and shapes instead of identifying the object. I'm finding it difficult to do this, but I am practicing the technique on my own in hopes of honing the skill.

The second was a modified contour of the hand. You were supposed to close one eye, and only draw in a continuous line, only outlining your hand. I found the project to be freeing, and fun.

Next we had to draw a modified contour of Suzanne, Vanessa, Sara, or Tim. I had Suzanne.


The next morning exercise was to draw your classmate's vegetable or fruit with detail and shadowing.


No comments:

Post a Comment