Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dialogue...

I just realized I never posted pictures of my dialogue project...Oops!

The idea behind this project was to create dialogue between two spaces. We had to use 12 skewers and 12   4"x6" pieces of bristol board and we were only allowed to fold each piece of bristol board once, and we could not cut the paper.

This project was very difficult for me to wrap my head around creating ONLY two spaces. Something that sounds so simple was indeed quite challenging.

The dialogue in my project was that of the two spaces being comprised of the same materials, in the same pattern, only one formation used four cards, and the other, eight. I comprised them in a stacking motion, and therefore placed them on different planes on the skewers to continue the stacking idea. I had one set on a larger scale, and the other on a smaller scale.

In my first ideation of the project I tried to be in keeping with my "stacking" theme with my base and was told this too counted as a space. So I quickly went to a solid base with no layers or stacking.









For my project I interpreted the two spaces to be the rectangular shapes created by the cards of bristol board in the center of each piece.
































No comments:

Post a Comment