Monday, January 25, 2010

Illuminated objects

Our assignment was to draw 5 objects illuminating them in some way, and possibly incorporating illuminated lettering. I chose 5 milestones in my life. For each major milestone in both my sister's and my life our parents presented us with some type of jewelry. For my first communion I was given a yellow gold cross, with a diamond at the center. When I turned 16 I was given a yellow gold blue sapphire ring (my birthstone). For my 18th birthday/high school graduation I was given a yellow gold pink and white sapphire ring. Then for my 21st birthday I was given a set of earrings and a necklace, both yellow gold, with matching pink sapphire stones to my ring.

I decided to illuminate each object by placing them on a stone, and drew mile markers with the age to represent which year these gifts were presented to me. I illuminated the "M" by making it into a road that traveled through each milestone of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment