Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ritual

“Abolished”
Every day I leave my apartment, I curse my OCD tendency, as I cannot pry my hand from the door checking a series of times to make certain I have locked it. I eventually part myself from the door, and go on about my business. I return home and take my keys from the pouch that keeps them safe and stationary, I unlock the door, and once on the other side I begin my ritual of checking the door once again. I hate the feeling causing me to do this over and over, day in and day out. I believe now that I may have created a system that will help me to abolish my ritual. I place the keys back safely in their pouch, and then return the pouch to a wooden holder. The holder is specially designed with several locking mechanisms that only stay in place when the pouch, and two metal rods are pushed through. The different locking mechanisms take a few minutes to complete making a lasting imprint on my mind that the doors too are locked. AT LAST! I finally feel comfortable to continue my daily tasks without having to continually check the doors.

























No comments:

Post a Comment