Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Design Bio Update...


After the challenge of creating and committing to the designs of three spaces in 1.5 days I surprised myself in what I was able to accomplish. It took me a large portion of that time to commit to an idea, but once I did I was able to hit the ground running and produce models. While I was frustrated with the process and the time crunch I recognized it to be an important tool. Had I not been forced to commit in such a short period of time I may have drawn the process out for up to a week.

I have learned that I quickly generate ideas, and put pen to page the instant a project is presented to me, but it takes me a long time to actually combine my ideas and produce what has been asked of me. This is something I will have to overcome as a designer. I have noticed the way I formulate designs is very similar to the way I begin to write...I have to have a gut feeling, an emotion almost, an inspiration...without it nothing comes out. My objective for this semester as my design career continues to be shaped is to master obtaining that "feeling" at a quicker pace, and be able to commit speedily, and focus my immediate ideas into something fruitful.

I accept the challenges ahead of me this semester, and the ones beyond that. I welcome the changes, and the experiences that will mold me into the designer I am meant to be. I aim to push past the struggles, and come out on the other side stronger, more confident, and with a better way to cultivate and mold my ideas, processes, and designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment